Steel sheet has different types, and they are listed as follows.
Steel sheet is classified according to the processing method :
1) Hot rolled steel sheet. It is made after the heating. Generally, the temperature is over the critical point AC1.
2) Cold rolled steel sheet. It is the rolled plate at normal temperature (strictly speaking, the temperature is under the recrystallization temperature).
3) Cut edge steel sheet. Workers cut the breadth. Generally, it is more neat, it is more better.
4) Universal steel sheet. The vertical edge is rolled by the edging roll steel machine without cut. Sometimes, there are cracks or other flaws in its edge.
Steel is classified according to the surface condition :
1) Level steel. The surface of the most level steel is flat, and most steel is level steel.
2) Riffled steel. Its surface has many patterns, such as rhombus, hyacinth bean and circle arris.
Steel is classified according to the delivery type :
1) Flat steel. It is delivered with pieces, and the surface is flat because it has been flattened by the straightener.
2) Rolling plate. The goods is delivered with rolls. It is called strip steel in the manufacturing enterprise or intermediate links, which has fine distinction with the traditional name.
(1) Plate rolling. The breadth of the steel is over 600 mm, and it is also called wide flat steel.
(2) Strip steel. The width is less than 600 mm, even 300 mm. Generally, it is delivered with rolls. And another name of it is narrow steel band. In the practical work, the vertical steel whose width is less than 300 mm is called steel strip. And the vertical cut strip steel is cut form the wide flat steel.
All contents of this website, including text, pictures and other copyright are owned by CAMELSTEEL. Our Company reserves the right to investigate the legal liability of the users who unauthorized use without permission.