The coin scotching experiment is mainly to measure the film hardness and adhesive power of the color coated steel coil. Due to its simple operation and visual result, CAMELSTEEL often adopt this method in the field production. Now we will introduce the coin scotching experiment concrete operations in detail.
1. Please use the 1 RMB coin without any worn on edge.
2. Hold the coin and make the 45 degree angle with the test panel and give a 1 kg power.
3. Try to move the coin parallelly with the 1 cm/s speed and the move distance is 2 cm.
4. Move the coin parallelly 3 times on the same area and each interval is 5 mm.
5. Do the experiment on 3 test boards and observe the scotch degree.
Here we classify grades according to the scratch resistant ability. The situation that there are three scratches that the substrate can be seen clearly is classified into 5 grade. The situation that there are two scratches that the substrate can be seen clearly is classified into 4 grade. The situation that there is one scratch that the substrate can be seen clearly is classified into 3 grade. If there are three obvious scratches but the substrate can not been seen, the situation can be classified into 2 grade. 1 grade means that there are three scratches but the three scratches are not obvious.